Why You Might Consider Hypnotherapy for Smoking
Does hypnotherapy for smoking really work? If you are trying to quit smoking, you might be wondering whether hypnosis could be the key to help you break the cycle of your cigarette habit. While there are no guarantees, there are numerous reasons why hypnotherapy might do more to help you stop smoking than many other methods.
Problems Hypnosis for Smoking Addresses
At Empowering the Authentic You, we provide a variety of life coaching services designed to help our clients achieve their goals for self-improvement. People come to us seeking many different life changes, from professional progressions to changes geared towards health and wellbeing. ‘I want to quit smoking’ is a common refrain. While we utilise a range of different tools to help our clients identify and achieve their goals. Hypnotherapy is one of these tools and can provide many benefits to clients—especially those seeking to quit smoking. Here’s why:
- Quitting smoking means addressing two sides of addiction. The biggest challenge of quitting an addictive substance—such as the nicotine in cigarettes—is that there are both physical and mental sides to the addiction. The physical side means that you might experience symptoms of withdrawal if you try to quit smoking: headaches, nausea, aches and pains, etc. Smoking cessation aids, such as nicotine patches, can help with these symptoms. The mental side, though, is arguably even more of a hurdle.
- The subconscious mental addiction to smoking is hard to beat. Nicotine addiction is not just a physical sensation. On the contrary, its roots are deeply tangled within your subconscious mind—to the point where your mind will tell you that you need a cigarette in many circumstances. When you get in to the habit of smoking, your mind subconsciously starts to associate it with certain feelings or events. The more you use smoking as a stress reliever, as a way to mark the end of the workday as your drive home or as a way to enjoy yourself when drinking alcohol, the more you will feel cravings to smoke when you do these things.
- Anti-smoking hypnosis helps change your mindset. When you go through hypnotherapy, you fall into a trance-like state of deep concentration and focus. In this state, you are very open to suggestion—including suggestions that can start breaking down those subconscious triggers that cause you to smoke. A hypnotherapist can help you establish other, healthier means of dealing with those triggers. The process reframes your mindset and subconscious thought so that you have the tools to fight back against the mental side of addiction.
What to Expect from Empowering the Authentic You Regarding Hypnotherapy for Smoking
If you are interested in trying to quit smoking through hypnosis, Empowering the Authentic You. Here’s what you can expect from us as your life coach and hypnotherapist:
- We will work to understand your situation. We take a big-picture approach to help our clients, working to understand their lives, their health, their future goals and the changes they are trying to make. From there, we can help you get on the right track towards your future—whether that means quitting smoking or making the professional changes that are going to lead towards greater fulfilment.
- We can work with you from anywhere in Australia. We are based in Burleigh Heads, QLD, but if you aren’t nearby, that isn’t a problem. We can provide hypnosis therapy for smoking—as well as other life coaching services—online, via Skype, Messenger, WhatsApp or your platform of smoke.
- We bill fairly. Instead of charging on an hourly basis, we set up specific life coaching ‘packages’ for our clients. You then pay the agreed-upon amount for the package, rather than going into this arrangement with no sense of how long it will take or how much you might spend.
About Empowering the Authentic You!
Empowering the Authentic You is the business of Patricia Holliday, a certified life coach and hypnotherapist with more than 30 years of teaching background. Patricia is the perfect partner to help you take the first steps towards the rest of your life. Get in touch today to enquire about our hypnotherapy for smoking.